Monday 11 July 2016

Could It Be The Same Buyer? Or A Lesson Learned



Image from Namepros

Just this morning I found on my email, a message from undeveloped.com that says “Your buyer is waiting for your response” I was curious about this message, because I have sold and had pushed it to the new buyer on namepros.com for just $18; yes! just for eighteen dollars. Why $18 dollars? Of course, any domain placed on auction that have received at least a bid cannot be reversed except, if you are ready to lose your account in which could be disastrous for any domain owners who are still interested in the business. 


More so, this is a different scenario for I have even pushed the domain to the new owner on July 3rd and the bid came in on 8th July, 2016. The said opening offer was a sum of Eur200 by customer at undeveloped.com; the bid in which I can counter the offer, and vis-à-vis to arrive at a particular comfortable price. 

But my question is that “could it be the same buyer?” who had bought and have received the said domain at namepros.com that now placed another bid just for him to pull my legs or what? But that is just  a million dollars question.

I have this domain with Undeveloped.com for almost a year and only when I am anticipating avoidance of another renewal fee and for me to do reduce my annual renewal fee, now that our currency is very bad in the market and not to cost me a lot of fund and not to lose the domain, I placed it on auction at namepros so that I could use the fund to renew another domains, but at the end of the day the domain was sold for just $18 only. However, I have no option than to sell and pushed the domain to the new owner.
Offering image from the Undeveloped.com


Lesson Learned
  • Should have waited enough; but till when?      
  • I have chosen wrong domain for quick auction
  • Too quick to sell; but needed money and the money could have arrived   
  • Now I know how good the domain was.
  • Such a starting bid could reach Eur2000 or more.
 Just then another buyer placed a bid of Eur200 at undeveloped; the bid in which I can counter the offer, until we could arrived at a particular price. But well, it has come and gone.

 Though, I used the money to registered a new domain name CarMaker.co.uk 
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment